12.07.2010

It's been a while...

I just realized it's been over 3 months since I last posted to here. I've still been baking and cooking, but every time I've sat down to post, I really haven't felt like it. But now with Christmas coming up, I'm finally motivated again... not that today's post will have anything to do with Christmas but those will be coming soon!

Over Labor Day weekend I was home and my parents decided to have a little party with some family and friends, and I couldn't have been more excited to try baking. Especially with my mom's big kitchen (and her help of course). We made lemon bars (see this post), and mini cupcakes.


Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
(from Magnolia Bakery)

1 1/2c self-rising flour
1 1/4c all-purpose flour
1c unsalted butter, softened
2c sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1c milk
1t vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Line mini cupcake pan with liners.
In a smal bowl, combine the flours, then set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla.
Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake 12-15 minutes.



French Silk Frosting

2 2/3c confectioners' sugar
2/3c butter, softened
2 1oz squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
3/4t vanilla extract
2T milk

In a medium bowl, blend confectioners' sugar, butter, melted chocolate and vanilla.
Gradually add milk and beat until smooth and fluffy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment