12.18.2010

Garlic Ginger Chicken Thighs

Lately I've been trying to cook more than bake, and to try recipes with ingredients that I would never otherwise eat. This recipe is simple enough that I wouldn't have minded spending time on it if I didn't like it, and it uses ginger, which I wouldn't normally eat. (I even had to google how to peel it.)

Garlic-Ginger Chicken Thighs
serves about 4

2lbs skinned, boneless chicken thighs
1c thinly sliced red onion
2T minced garlic
2T minced peeled ginger
1/4c soy sauce
1/4c orange juice
1t pepper

Combine chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, soy, juice and pepper in a plastic bag.
Seal and shake to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least one hour.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Oil grate (or grill pan). Grill skin side down, 5-6 minutes.
Flip and continue to cook, about 5 minutes.


I used boned chicken thighs for this (my grocery store doesn't sell boneless but skinned chicken). If you do this, add about 5-10 minutes to the cook time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment