4.03.2011

Blood Orange Lemonade

I think I've finally found the perfect drink. 

Seriously, if you like lemonade and oranges, you will absolutely love this. The best part is that it only takes about 10 minutes to make start to clean up. 

On this nice sunny Sunday morning, I wish I had more of it to enjoy with my blood orange scone (coming soon). In fact I think I'll go make some more right now...

Blood Orange Lemonade

1c sugar
1c blood orange juice
1c lemon juice
1 lemon
1/2c water
3c club soda
1 blood orange

Make a simple syrup: Mix the sugar and water in a saucepan on medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
Mix orange and lemon juices, simple syrup, and club soda in a pitcher.


Slice the lemon and orange into rounds and put in the pitcher with the lemonade.


Serve over ice with another splash of club soda.


0 comments:

Post a Comment