2.07.2011

BBQ Pulled Pork

For my birthday in August, my mom bought me a slow cooker. I've been wanting to use it, but wanted to wait until it got cold outside and I was craving a hearty meal. Well that time is finally here, and with long work days, it's nice to come home to a ready-made dinner.

This pulled pork recipe took me about 5 minutes to prepare the night before, and less than 5 minutes to get started in the morning. The apartment smelled SO good when I got home, I could barely wait for this to be done. Unfortunately it snowed the day I made this, so I wasn't able to get to the store to buy buns, but it was just as good on its own.


BBQ Pork Sandwiches
(makes 12)

4lb pork shoulder
3T brown sugar
1 1/2T paprika
1 1/2T salt
1 1/2T pepper
1t garlic powder
1c beef broth
2 bay leaves
20oz barbeque sauce

Mix together brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Coat meat with spice mixture.
Put meat, broth, and bay leaves in slow cooker on low for about 10 hours.
Remove bay leaves and some fat. Shred pork.
Stir in barbeque sauce. Cover and cook about 2 more hours.
Serve on toasted buns.

0 comments:

Post a Comment